• Facebook
  • Bloglovin
  • Twitter

resolutions & reflecting 2016.

January 4, 2016



Another year gone. It seriously shocks me that it's already 2016.. Reflecting on my previous resolutions another time. My last year's resolutions were:

1. Be the Best Mom I Can Be
2. Become Financially Literate
3. Learn How to Gourmet Cook
4. Be Active
5. Love More & Be Kind
6. Be Bold & Brave

(1) I cannot put into words the amount of love I have for Abigail. Her and I can have conversations now, and that blows my mind. She is so smart and always loves to learn. She soaks everything up like a sponge. She knows her alphabet and numbers. She can say her ABC's and count to 10. She loves to sing a dance. I love teaching her new things. And I genuinely love hanging out with her. She's my best friend and I am so lucky to be her mother. (2) I wouldn't say that I followed through with this resolution completely. I'm still working on budgeting better and all the works. I can say that I'm much better than I used to be. And I feel confident that I'll only get better from here. I now have my own two bedroom apartment for Abigail and I. It feels like home and I couldn't be happier with it. (3) Hah. I definitely am no gourmet cook.. But I'm happy to say that I eat breakfast and cook dinner at home almost every day. I never used to cook. Now I love cooking meals for Abigail and I. Eating at the dinner table with Abby is my favorite time of day. And it saves us a lot of money! (4) This year was definitely the most active I've been. I worked with a personal trainer for most of the year and loved it. I was hitting the gym about 3 times a week. Sadly, near the end of the year, the gym dwindled and I haven't been in a while.. But all through the Summer I went hiking at least twice a week. So I sure was active for most of the year! (5 & 6) Not sure how to measure whether I did follow through with these two or not. I definitely made many new relationships this year and rebuilt some old ones. It was an interesting year for sure. I tried a lot of new things, I put myself out there. I'm excited to see what this new year brings.

Now here are my 2016 resolutions:

1.  B E  T H E  B E S T  M O M  I  C A N  B E
Just like last year, watching Abigail grow was the light of this entire past year. Her personality is blooming and she has me constantly smiling and laughing. I hope she'll always know how loved she is. This is a resolution I'll be adding on, year after year.

2.  T R A V E L  O U T S I D E  O F  T H E  U S A
I'm planning on visiting the Philippines and Japan at the end of October with my family. I'll have to save up money and my PTO. I have to make it happen! It's so hard for me to save PTO. As soon as I see that I have time off, I want to plan a vacation immediately. It'll be good for me to plan and save for something.

3.  B E  C O N S I S T E N T  W I T H  M Y  H A I R
I'm probably setting myself up for failure right here. Haha. I change my hair more than the seasons change.. I seriously love my purple hair though. It feels like it was my hair's calling to be purple. Fo' real tho. I'm making it a goal to not cut my hair, and keep it one color for the entire year. (Except bang trims) We'll see if I can do it.

4.  B E  M O R E  A C T I V E  O N  M Y  B L O G
I was not very active on my blog this past year. I'm going to try new things with the blog this year. I don't want it to be strictly fashion. I don't have the drive like I used to about fashion.. Don't get me wrong, I still love it. I just also want to add more personal things on the blog. More insight on who I am and who I'm becoming. Who knows, I might even become a vlogger.. LOL.

5.  B E  M O R E  A D V E N T U R O U S
This last Summer was such a blast with all of the hiking I did. I plan on keeping that up this year, too. And even more. Lots of hiking and camping.. Along with hiking and camping, I'd like to also be adventurous with life in general. I'm planning on proactively crossing things off my 30 before 30 list and my bucket list. It should be a lot of fun!


Happy 2016 my friends. Did you guys come up with any resolutions? Thanks for reading. I love you all.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. I love how your goals are centered around others and being a better person. Also, your hair is rad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!