• Facebook
  • Bloglovin
  • Twitter

on hair.

February 16, 2016



I do my hair myself and have been for quite some time. My grandmother was a hair dresser, and so was my aunt. And funny enough, my grandparents met in hair school! I've learned all of my hair techniques from my grandmother. From cutting and trimming, to bleaching and dying..

When I dyed my hair purple for the first time, I was not prepared for the amount of attention and comments it would receive. I'm actually a shy person when it comes to talking with people I don't know and being the center of attention in a group of people. I hate it to be quite honest.. But now I know it comes with the territory of having bright colored hair!

It's well known that I change my hair quite often. I've been thinking a lot about it, and decided to share the reasons why I change my hair as often as I do.

There are so many things in life that are out of our control. Hair is one thing I know I can control. For me, changing my hair is a way of showing myself that I'm not a complete bystander when it comes to life.

I always keep the mindset that "hair grows back". (Maybe not as fast as we'd sometimes like) Meaning if my hair reaches a point of looking bad, I remember it's only temporary. That helps lessen most fears I have when it comes to a hair change.

Of course, I change my hair because I love to. It gives me confidence, and it's a super fun way of expressing myself. Just like fashion and blogging is for me.

Sometimes, change is needed. Change can give you a feeling of starting fresh, starting over.. So if you're feeling that itch for needed change, I say do it! Life is too short to have boring hair.

On real note though, I'm starting to miss my brown hair. (So much for a New Years' resolution of keeping it purple all year)

Photo taken by Hillary.

post signature

2 comments:

  1. Your hair is the $#!T.
    I'm thinking of cutting mine above shoulder length.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Formal Dress
    Formal dress (Canada, US) and formal dress (UK) are general terms for garments suitable for formal get-togethers, for example, a wedding, formal greenhouse gathering or supper, débutante cotillion, move, or race. The Western style of formal night dress, described by highly contrasting articles of clothing, has spread through numerous nations; it is quite often the standard formal social dress in nations without a formal national outfit.

    A clothing regulation is an arrangement of standards administering a specific mix of garments; a few illustrations are dark tie and morning dress. Formal dress is the gathering of all the clothing regulations which represent garments worn to formal occasions. The conventional standards that oversee men's formal dress are entirely seen; from these infer the night dress variations worn on numerous events, for example, secondary school prom moves, formal moves, and diversion industry recompense programs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!