• Facebook
  • Bloglovin
  • Twitter

liquid lipstick.

December 30, 2016

Hey guys! This post has been a work in progress. Liquid lipsticks are my favorite and I don't know how I had a life before discovering them.. K, but seriously application is so much easier. It's been a struggle finding my favorite lipstick. I'm still on the hunt, but I wanted to share with you guys the ones I've tried so far!

I'm going to start from the least expensive to the most and let you know my thoughts on each of them. All of these opinions are my own and this post is in no way sponsored.

I'm a big fan of orange-reds, so these are all close to that shade!




ColourPop's price for their matte liquid lipstick definitely can't be beat. And they seriously have so many colors. I was super excited to try this one out. Sadly, it doesn't have the best wear. After my work day it flaked off in tiny bits. It doesn't last through eating a burrito, that's for sure! It's not too dry though, I just hated the flaking. This is a good one for when you need to throw on some lip color before heading out for a few hours. Not the best for long wear.






I love this lipstick so much. It's my favorite color I own. It's super smooth and soft on my lips. The only downside is it does come off when you eat, drink, and kiss. Sooo, Cameron hates when I wear this! Haha. But it's definitely my daily go-to for comfort, minimal prep, and color.






Honestly, this lipstick is a perfect mixture of ColourPop's and Sephora's. It's more durable than Sephora's but also doesn't last throughout a work day. It definitely is exactly what it's called, creamy and not dry. But not completely transfer-resistant. The color was a little too pink for me, but I got it on sale for $3 so I'm definitely not complaining!






I was super hesitant with Kylie Cosmetics at first. I actually don't own this, my coworker let me try it out! The kits are more expensive than the singles, but obviously because it comes with liner.

I'm going to start out by saying when I opened it up, it smelled like seriously no other lipstick I have. It smelled like yummy marshmallows mixed with a hint of perfume. I seriously can't get over how amazing it smelled. Haha. The lipstick went on super smooth and coated my lips nicely. I wore it for my 11-hour shift yesterday and it lasted all day with little to no flaking or peeling. And it didn't spread outside of my lips at all. It did have a little bit of cracking though.

This is definitely at the top of my list. My only hesitation with Kylie is she doesn't have a lot of bright colors. It's mostly muted tones. I need my bright corals!






Okay, let me start off by saying this product has raves and raves online about how great it is. I put it on at the beginning of my 8-hour work day and it was SO dry and cakey. It continuously flaked off throughout the day. When I got home and looked in the mirror, the lipstick spread outside of my lips and looked awful. I seriously don't know why so many people like this lipstick. The color was perfect, so I was super bummed by the wear.






This color ended up being too orange for me, but it's a super fun color nonetheless. Kat Von D was actually more sheer than the others, so I had to put on a few coats. It went on super smooth, not sticky or dry at all. And it didn't mattify too fast, which I liked because of the applying a few coats.

This one lasted through eating, drinking, and kissing with little to no residue! Even when I rub my lips with my fingers, it doesn't transfer. Because it's thinner than the others, it doesn't cake, peel, or crack at all. It also doesn't feel heavy on the lips. The wear is definitely my favorite so far. I just need to try it in a better color!






Stila is my go-to when I'm going out. I can eat food, have drinks, and kiss with no residue at all. It goes on super smooth and it's thick so you don't need more than one coat. It's perfectly pigmented.

One thing I recommend though, is make sure your lips are exfoliated and not dry before applying. It's matte, so it dries out on your lips. This is seriously one of my favorite lip colors, too.






Okay, so I don't know if any of you have tried Provocalips (which I love), but when I first heard of LipSense I immediately thought, "Duh, Rimmel thought of this first." But I decided I'd try LipSense because all of my friends are selling it and everyone loves it.

Welp. I do not understand why. Seriously. When I put it on, it felt like I rubbed acid on my lips (because it's made with alcohol). And the scent was so strong. It smelled like I was rubbing cleaner on my lips. I also had to put on 4+ coats to make it not look like lip gloss and actual lipstick!

I seriously have never been more disappointed in a lipstick. And it's the most expensive out of all of these! I tried to have an open mind when trying it at first but seriously couldn't find anything positive about it. I've heard that it lasts all day and night..and the next morning. I'm sorry, but who wants to wear their lipstick that long?! I don't get it. I also had a friend try it and it started peeling after a few hours for her. So, I don't even know?

And if you want to remove the lipstick, you have to buy their lipstick remover. And you can't forget their lip gloss! Which are all at least $25 each. Yeah, no thanks, $75 later. Ugh..

Okay, I'll get down off my soap box.



That concludes my first makeup review! If any of you have liquid lipsticks you can't live without, comment and let me know! I'd love to try some more. I'm thinking of trying Lime Crime or Dose next.

Hope you all have a great holiday weekend!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting!