• Facebook
  • Bloglovin
  • Twitter

lovely sponsor - art of the heart.

August 12, 2013







None of these photos are mine.

I want to introduce you guys to the beautiful Amy from Art of the Heart. She's a hairstylist and makeup artist living in Mississippi. And here's a little more about her and her blog!

1. What inspired you to start your blog?
All my life, I've been obsessed with art in every form and medium.. from fashion and music, to photography and painting.  I started ART of the HEART as a platform to share this love I have for all things "art" through my style, diy projects, hair/makeup tutorials, and more!

2. How would you describe your style?
I'm a girl who has a rebel attitude with soft heart.. if that's even possible! I would describe my style as unpredictable. It's ever-changing on a daily basis.. One day I may wear a girly, vintage-inspired, lacey dress with pretty heels... and the next, you might find me in combat boots, black jeans, and a ripped up t-shirt. I'm fickle like that or a free spirit, if you will! I don't like being confined to just one style.

3. Where do you go for style inspiration?
I get most of my style inspiration from fellow bloggers or alternative models around the world. I've never been one to mimic drugstore fashion magazines. I love colors, patterns, and pieces that stand out. And I like wearing pieces that aren't "in style" in my area. I feel like people in the south tend to lean towards a more conservative style.. I'm not talking about modesty.. it just seems like they have this certain "style box" that they're afraid to step out of. I think it's way more fun to be unique!

4. What is your #1 place to shop? (Clothes, makeup, shoes, etc..)
Picking just 1 favorite place to shop is extremely difficult! I guess I'd have to say my go-to places for shopping are online at ModCloth, Nasty Gal, and TopShop.

5. What are a few of your favorite blogs?
One of my favorite blogs is obviously A Beautiful Mess (They're like the queens of the blogoshpere, right?!), I also frequent KeikoLynn.com, SkunkBoyBlog.com, TheBeautyDepartment.com, and Maskcara.com. The Beauty Department and Maskcara's blogs have awesome hair and makeup tips and tricks. Keiko Lynn is one of my favorite style icons, and ABM and Skunkboy Blog have super cute styles and the BEST diy projects!

6. Any advice for fellow bloggers?
My advice is.. There is nothing wrong with looking to other bloggers for inspiration, but be original. Expand on ideas, don't just copy them. Help promote other bloggers with similar interests as yours and always be friendly! Blogging folks make great friends!

Now be sure to go and say hello to Amy!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. love this, and i love amy! her blog led me to your blog and I'm so glad it did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!