• Facebook
  • Bloglovin
  • Twitter

liebster award.

August 1, 2013


I was nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely Kaylie. She is one of the sweetest bloggers I know. You definitely need to go check out her blog. She also designed it herself! Thanks Kaylie!

First I'm going to answer the questions Kaylie asked me, then I'll explain a little more about the award and 11 facts about me! Here are the questions and answers.

1. What time do you usually wake up?
7:30 AM, or 9:00 AM on the weekends. I can't sleep in anymore! Ever since I got pregnant it's impossible.

2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Meeting new people! I love getting to know people that I would have never had the chance to know otherwise. I also love that it takes me out of my comfort zone. People think, "Taking pictures of yourself, piece of cake." But it was actually something I had to get used to! I'm awkward when it comes to posting about myself and posing for the camera. I've learned to just get over it and realize this is my hobby and I love it! I still get embarrassed sometimes, even though it's my husband taking the pictures.

3. If you had to describe yourself using five words, what would they be?
Happy, Loved, Eclectic, Creative, Outgoing

4. Natural hair color?
Brown.. Boring old brown.

5. Do you do anything special to get ready for bed?
Brush my teeth, wash my face, then my husband and I read together. Right now we're reading The Alchemist!

6. Right or left handed?
Right.

7. Favorite place to shop?
That's a tough one.. As of right now, I'm loving everything on ASOS.

8. Favorite beauty tip? (I need these.)
Maybe I need some, too.. Because I can't think of anything! Haha. Uhm.. Lately I've been loving my hair, and I think it's because I've only been washing it every 3rd day. (I still shower!) I've been finding myself wanting to go longer though, because my hair rarely gets greasy now! I love it!

9. All-time favorite movie? Why?
Harold & Maude. I just love this movie so much.. It's not your typical love story. Some people find it disturbing, but it just makes me feel that love can be found anywhere.
I also love Bride Wars. I don't know why. But I can honestly watch that movie 5 times in a row and not get tired of it. Haha. I'm crazy, I'm aware.

10. Who is the one person you know you can go to with anything and why?
Of course, my husband! He's my best friend and knows me better than anyone else. I can go to him with anything.

11. What is something you're passionate about?
Following your dreams! I decided once I married my husband, we'd never stop working to follow our dreams. We want to travel the world, learn new languages, and serve in some way or another. Even though we're going to have a newborn, we've applied to teach english abroad in Russia, leaving in January. We're planning on doing that for a year, then working as hard as we can to get my husband in the State Department. Then we'll be living abroad in several countries until we retire! I couldn't be more excited for our adventures as a little, yet growing, family.

Continue reading for the rules of the award and to see my nominees!


So here are the rules of the award:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award nominator on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you. 
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself, and create 11 questions for your nominees. 
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to other blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have been chosen. 
4. Copy/paste the blog award on your blog.

And here are the 11 random facts about me!

1. I'm 50% Filipino.

2. I was born in California.

3. I have 2 middle names.

4. My parents were planning on me being a boy, then when I was born a girl they had to come up with a name on the spot. And that's how they came up with Kalee.. Spelled wrong. It's pronounced "Kay-lee" not "Cal-ee" or "Kah-lee".

5. I have two older brothers. We all got married in order, oldest to youngest. And now each of us are going to have our first child all within one year, all 3 girls, oldest to youngest.

6. I've never been stung by a bee.

7. I've never broken a bone.

8. I've traveled to 6 different countries.

9. I was my husband's first kiss.

10. I design web pages for a living.

11. I shaved my head in 2009.


And here are the nominees! You are under no obligation to accept, however, I hope you do! :)

• Alesha from Lifeology
• Sarah from D-Isis
• Ariel from Auteur Ariel
• Shio from SWeetness A Boos

Here are your 11 questions:

1. How did you come up with your blog name?
2. A book you've read recently.
3. Gold or Silver?
4. Name one pet peeve.
5. What's something you learned recently?
6. What is your favorite season and why?
7. Is being a blogger everything you thought it would be?
8. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
9. Are you a morning person?
10. What advice would you give new bloggers?
11. What are your top 3 favorite blogs?

Thanks everyone!

post signature


Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

  1. HAROLD & MAUDE. Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVE that movie! Every time I try to show it to someone, they give me the 'Are you kidding me?' look. But I think it's perfect.

    Also, I didn't know we actually have the same name! How funny.

    So fun to read your answers! Thanks so much! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!