• Facebook
  • Bloglovin
  • Twitter

birthday dress.

January 19, 2014













Dress: H&M // Shoes: Forever Young // Cardigan: Downeast Basics

My in-laws got me this dress for my birthday. When I first saw the dress, I knew I had to have it. And the story of how I got it is a pretty good one..

I got an H&M giftcard for Christmas and have been waiting to spend it. I really wanted this dress and it is originally $30. (My giftcard was $20) A few days ago I saw a friend on Instagram who bought it for $15. I was SO excited to see it was finally on sale! I had my husband drive me to H&M to buy the dress immediately. To my surprise, there was ONE left! I brought it to the register, with it having no tag, and they rang it up full price. What?! I thought maybe it was because it didn't have a tag? But the lady insisted it wasn't on sale. I left the store disappointed, but called another H&M to double check. They also only had one left! The sales girl told me again, it was not on sale. I felt really bad that she took 10+ minutes looking for it, so I just told her to put it on hold under the name "Kim". Yeah, a fake name, because if I had put my real name they'd come find me and murder me for not buying it. Right? So I just told my husband that I'd wait until I had extra money to get the dress, and if it was still there, then I was meant to have it. Haha. Well anyway, this weekend I was going out with a few friends and went to my in-laws to drop off my husband and baby. When I got there, my father in-law asked me to grab a jacket out of the closet for him. I thought nothing of it. When I opened the closet, guess what was in there?! MY DRESS. I about died!! They went to the H&M, asked for the dress under the name Kim, and got it for me for my birthday! All thanks to my sweet husband and in-laws.

What a great gift, amiright?!

Linked up with Style Elixir, DC in Style, Simply Just Lovely, and Fry Sauce & Grits.

post signature

10 comments:

  1. SUCH a super sweet story and adorable dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too amazingly cute!!! That dress is just stunning! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh, I love it so much! Looks great with yellow

    ReplyDelete
  4. The print looks almost 3D! So pretty!

    GREETINGS FROM DUBAI!
    MRS JACK OF ALL TRADES (a fashion and life-style blog)
    http://mrsjackofalltradesdaily.blogspot.ae/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful dress:) you look very pretty:)))))
    Have a lovely week. Kisses Beata

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a pretty dress! perfect lipstick and hair to go with.
    Marie @
    In Our Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  7. how sweet!! what a wonderful birthday surprise. the dress is really lovely :)

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, that's a lovely story! I do love a good dress story haha. I have a few of my own. This looks adorable on you and I am glad you managed to get it in the end!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness. You are just adorable! I saw this on Instagram with your baby's matching outfit...loved it :)

    Such a great story!

    Tiffany Ima
    Style Honestly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!