• Facebook
  • Bloglovin
  • Twitter

on makeup.

September 5, 2016





I started wearing makeup in 8th grade. I wore thick black eyeliner on my top and bottom lids. (And yes, I shopped mostly at Hot Topic) Haha. Then once 9th grade hit, I began hating makeup. I never put anything on my face all through high school. I'd only wear mascara on special occasions.

After high school, I decided I'd try makeup again. I always shopped for makeup at Target. My best friend bought her makeup at Sephora and thought she was insane for spending so much money.. Just last year, I complained a lot about my Target foundation and she finally convinced me to venture to Sephora with her and get my very first (what I considered) "high-end" foundation.

And that's where it began. There was no turning back.

I love Sephora so much and now understand why so many people buy makeup with a higher price. The quality, wear, and look seriously can't be beat.

I've been playing around with makeup a lot recently (and learning so much). I've tried classes they have at Sephora and have been watching a ton of YouTube videos lately. Like, I just discovered the Beauty Blender yesterday and almost died of joy when I used it for the first time. Seriously. It's no joke.

I'm really no expert, but I've come to love makeup.. When I'm getting ready in the mornings I say to myself, "I just want to stay home and hang out with my makeup." Hahaha.

post signature

3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!!!! I love that you look good with an without makeup.

    xo, Lauryn
    www.lauryncakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you! It's only been the last year or so that I've started to invest in better quality makeup and that I'm actually learning new techniques! If you don't follow her already, I love Nikkie Tutorials on YouTube. She's hilarious and helpful with techniques :) Love the red lip in your pic!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting!